Even Instagram, like Facebook, Messenger and WhatsApp, allows you see the time where users last logged in. The function is active by default for any type of account. Currently, the latest Instagram login is only available through the mobile application, while it is not present in the web version.
Still can’t find it? Don’t worry, we’ll explain it to you below. Know how view the last login is possible simply and clearly. Also, if you don’t like others to see this information, we will also offer you the solution to hide it.
How do I see the last login on Instagram?
Instagram allows you to see the last access of the users with whom you have exchanged a message in private or have mentioned you in a Story. Then, to see the last time your contacts connected, just go to the «Direct messages» section and read what is reported next to each of them:
- Active message now: the user is online.
- Active X minutes ago: At this moment the user is offline, but he connected to Instagram a few minutes before.
- Active message ago X: means that the contact in question has not been connected for a few hours.
- Active today– User has not been active for about 4-5 hours, but has logged in at least once during the day.
- Message Active yesterday– The last time the user was online was yesterday.
These are the steps to follow to go to «Direct» and thus see the last Instagram login of your contacts:
- Open Instagram.
- Tap on the paper airplane icon in the upper right corner.
- Swipe from right to left to access the “Direct messages” section.
- Scroll through the list of contacts who have privately messaged you or mentioned you in a Story until you find the desired user (the last accessed appears below the contact’s name).
Alternatively, you may be able to find out the last login of the users. The method is to make an Instagram story:
- Open Instagram.
- Tap «+» at the top left of your photo.
- Customize the story to your liking and tap “Send to”.
- In the new screen that opens, you can see the last access of the contacts tagged as “Suggested” or “Recent”.
Note: Also in this case, the same principle as the previous one applies, that is, you can only see the activity status of the contacts with whom you have exchanged a message in «Direct» or have mentioned you in a Story.
What is the time shown below the users?
Corresponds tothe last time they logged into Instagram, regardless of whether or not they used the “Direct” section.
Why can’t I see the last login for all users?
It may happen that for some contacts the last access to Instagram. Of course, does not show the activity status of those users who have not logged in for more than two days on the social network. Instead of the Active entry, you will see the last message you exchanged with him and the time since then.
How to remove the last Instagram login
Not everyone likes that other people can control what they do or do not do on social media. Even more so if it is sensitive data like the last time they were connected. Fortunately, however, from this point of view, Instagram offers maximum freedom of choice to its users.
This is how you can hide the last instagram login:
- Open Instagram.
- Tap the little man icon at the bottom right to access the profile settings screen.
- Click the menu icon in the upper right and select «Settings.»
- Select the «Privacy» option.
- Go to «Activity Status».
- Move the toggle from ON to OFF (right to left) next to the “Show activity status” item.
The procedure described above is valid for Android smartphones.
If you have an iPhone instead, these are the exact steps:
- Launch the Instagram app.
- Tap the little man icon in the lower right to enter the “Profile” area.
- Tap the cogwheel to access the «Options» screen.
- Scroll down and move the toggle next to «Show Activity Status» from ON to OFF (from right to left).
Is it normal if I no longer see the last login of my contacts?
Yes. If you decide to disable your activity status, you will lose the ability to see your contacts ‘Live’. However, you can always retrace your steps and reactivate the option «Show activity status» by moving the toggle from OFF to ON (from left to right) to see the last instagram login again.
Can I see the last Instagram login even if it is hidden?
The answer is NoYou cannot see the last access of users if they have deactivated the «Show activity status» function in their Instagram profile settings.
Although with a little trick you can revert to the last time the contacts connected. It can be done with whom you have had a private conversation even after disabling the activity state.
The «trick», let’s call it that, is the create a new account, through which you will then have to send a «Direct» message to that particular user whose last access you want to know on Instagram.
To do this, keep in mind that Both conditions listed below must be met:
- The «Show activity status» function must be active both in your second account and in the profile of the user to whom you have sent a private message.
- The user must reply to your first message to start a real conversation. Only after they have received your reply will they start to see the last login.
Our guide on how to see the last login on instagram ends here. Do you know of any other nifty ways to visualize it? And now that you know about the activity status hide feature, do you plan to use it on your account as well? As always, we are happy that you share your experience with us by leaving a comment below the article.