YouTube is undoubtedly the video-sharing portal par excellence. Since its founding in 2005, a technologically distant year, it has revolutionized our way of understanding the Internet. Today, a YouTube playlist is synonymous with videos of all kinds: from reviews to tutorials and music videos, to trailers for new movies and video game releases and ending with podcasts. In short, it is easy to find videos of our interest for all tastes.
To view them comfortably, we will explain how to create a playlist in this article. As you can guess from the name, this is play list, that is, of videos that will be played automatically one after the other. The term is already familiar to those who created playlists with their own mp3 songs or to those who are on Spotify.
Create a YouTube playlist from your PC
Whatever your needs, creating a playlist on your YouTube desktop is very simple, just follow the steps below:
- go to the YouTube page from a PC or Mac;
- then log in with your Google account;
- find the video you want to add to your playlist;
- below the video, click the «save» button;
- A menu opens from which you can choose to insert the video into the automatic playlist. For example in «Watch later “Or in one of the already created playlists;
- In the same menu you can also create new playlists by simply clicking on “Create new playlist“;
- There are two changes, one to choose the name and another dedicated to the privacy settings that will be selected for the playlist (“Private“,”Not listed«, and «Public“);
- at this time you can add clips to the playlist
To access a playlist on Youtube, listen or edit, just press «Collection«. On the page that is loaded, you will find all your playlists, including the one you want to edit. The address of the playlist is at the top of the browser. address bar. The address is very useful to quickly share the playlist.
It’s more, there is a quick way to add videos to playlist, even directly from search results list. Simply move the mouse over the video of your interest to see the button with the three dots placed vertically next to the name of the video. By clicking on it with the mouse, you can select “Save to a playlist“.
Create in-app playlists from smartphones and tablets.
Creating a playlist on YouTube on a mobile device is very similar to creating a playlist on a desktop, you must:
- open the YouTube application on your device;
- access is automatic, so if you have several Google accounts, the application will ask you which one you prefer to use;
- at this point, it is up to you to find the video of your interest. Below the playback panel is «save»;
- If you hold down the button, a screen will appear where you can choose to insert the clip into a previously created list, or where you can choose to create a new one;
- in this case, press at the top «New Playlist“;
- After pressing, enter the video list name and privacy settings (“Private“,”Not listed«, And» Public «);
- Once you have created the playlist, you are ready to insert all the videos you want.
There is a quick way to add videos to your playlist directly from the search results list. You just have to press the button with the three dots placed vertically next to the name of the video and select the topic “Save to a playlist“.
To access the screen that contains your playlists, perhaps to edit or share them, simply tap at the bottom of the YouTube application ” Collection“.
The privacy settings of the YouTube playlist: Private, not listed and Public in detail
Both created playlists and videos can have three levels of visibility on YouTube., we make them so you always know which one to choose:
Private, this is the simplest option of all, where the playlist will only be available to whoever created the playlist. The playlist does not appear in any user search.
Not listed, is an intermediate option where the playlist will only be visible to those who have your link, so you must provide the link to the playlist that you have created to those interested.
Public, this is also a very easy option to understand. Here all users can access the playlist on YouTube, both through search and through a direct link.