There are many who wish to abandon Whatsapp to switch to more powerful messaging services and be careful with privacy, What Telegram and Signal, numbered between the best alternatives to WhatsApp. So far, one of the brakes when moving from one platform to another was due to the impossibility of transferring the messages we have in our chats, from WhatsApp to Telegram.
Fortunately, this problem has been left behind and it is now simple. Now you can import chats from one app to another accompanied by all his multimedia content (photos, videos, audio and documents). In addition, one of the great advantages of this operation is that Telegram, unlike Whatsapp, upload all the chats including their multimedia files (photos, videos, audio notes, etc.) to your cloud.
So have a copy of WhatsApp chats on Telegram, it will not increase the space occupied on our device. Also, after this operation, deleting WhatsApp will save a lot of space on your device, but this choice is always postponed until all your contacts go to Telegram.
After this brief introduction we come to the procedure.
Transfer WhatsApp Chats to Telegram
It really only takes a few steps, make sure you have the two messaging apps installed on your terminal before starting.
The procedure is almost identical on the two platforms Android and iOS from iPhone / iPad.
These are the steps to follow:
- Open WhatsApp and enter the chat to export. Here click on the three vertical dots at the top right;
- Then click on the item «Other“
- And later «Export chats“To go from WhatsApp to Telegram;
- Choose if you want to include only messages or also multimedia files (voice messages, photos, videos and documents). In this second case, click on “Include media“;
- In the dialog box that opens, you must choose the Telegram application;
- At this point, Telegram will open, with its import screen, inside you will be able to choose in which of the chats to copy WhatsApp messages to Telegram;
- At this point, press the button «to import ”To start the chat transfer process. Its duration will depend on the number of messages and multimedia files it contains. You can follow their progress on the screen;
- When the procedure is finished, click on “Done«. At this point you can open Telegram and notice the presence of all imported messages.
Fortunately, all imported messages are also easily recognizable with the message «Imported«, Which includes the date and time,
Transfer chats to desktop and web
The desktop version of Whatsapp (also in Web version) and Telegram to date does not allow you to export and import WhatsApp messages to Telegram, but the option may come sooner or later. However, when performing this procedure from a smart smartphone, we will continue to find all important messages even when we access Telegram from a PC.